Laser therapy is used in our center for the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system , is one of the most highly effective methods .
In the therapeutic action of laser radiation can be divided into three treatment effects :
- Primary effect . This absorption of energy carried by photons of light , and subcellular components of the local heating .
- Secondary effect . This release of calcium ions from intracellular stores , wave propagation increased concentration of calcium ions.
Develops complex adaptive and compensatory reactions occurring in tissues, organs . The activation of cell metabolism and increase their functional activity . Also stimulated the recovery processes , increasing microcirculation , increases tissue oxygenation , enhanced immunity. Gain of oxygen exchange reduces oxygen starvation , reduced inflammation in the tissue cells .
Application of laser in treatment for diseases of the musculoskeletal system stimulates the regeneration of the ligamentous apparatus of the spine , the intervertebral discs and joints due to the accumulation of collagen, accelerated growth of capillaries, elimination of inflammation in the affected segment .
In the treatment of degenerative disc disease and other diseases of the spine laser is effective as a means to stimulate circulation . The fact that the degenerative processes in the intervertebral discs in osteochondrosis largely associated just with impaired blood supply in this area , and the laser light stimulates the circulation in the affected areas , providing them with food, thus inhibiting further development of the disease.
The effect of laser therapy is also in eliminating pain, swelling in the tissues , anti-inflammatory effect , stimulating effect on the immune system , anti-allergy effect , reparative action ( ie , improving the healing process ) . Laser therapy also stimulates metabolism in degenerative diseases of the spine and joints.
Laser therapy is indicated for :
- degenerative diseases of the spine ( intervertebral hernia, disc protrusion, osteochondrosis, radiculitis )
- diseases of the joints and bone ( humerus epicondylitis , bursitis, arthritis and arthrosis , joint contractures )
- diseases and injuries to the ligaments and joints
- diseases of the muscles ( myositis )
- diseases of the tendons ( tendinitis )
- surgical disease : postoperative and long-term healing wounds, ulcers, keloid scars ( subacute stage ) , trauma (mechanical, thermal, chemical ) , osteomyelitis , vascular disease of the lower extremities
- diseases of the nervous system : neuritis and neuralgia of peripheral nerves, trigeminal neuralgia , neuritis of the facial nerve, cerebrovascular insufficiency , herpes simpatoganglionity , traumatic lesions of peripheral nerves, with VSD Sympathoadrenal crises , migraine , cerebral palsy , multiple sclerosis, post-traumatic syringomyelia disease character
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system - deforming osteoarthritis , arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis , frozen shoulder , heel spurs , epicondylitis.
Benefits of low-level laser therapy:
- wide range of therapeutic effects ;
- Virtually no side effects , allergic reactions peculiar influence of pharmacological agents ;
- fairly narrow range of contraindications for laser therapy;
- the possibility of using laser therapy in combination with conventional treatments ( local and general action) ;
- no contact , aseptic applications.